Call for Special Sessions
In order to increase focus on specific topics, the SA'2020 conference will include Special Sessions, in addition to regular ones. Special Sessions can cover topics which belong to a speciﬁc track, or multi-track subjects, or novel topics not included in the description of tracks, but in the technical scope of the conference.
Special Sessions Proposals
A proposal is to be prepared by providing the following information:
- Title of the session.
- Names, affiliations, and contact addresses of the organizers, including telephone and email addresses.
- The title of the conference technical Track the session is designated for.
- Description of the technical area/topic the session is focused on: background and rationale for organizing the session - at least 150 words.
- Tentative titles of at least four (4) contributions, together with the names, affiliations, and contact addresses of the contributing and committed authors. Please note: no more than a quarter of contributions is to be from the same institution.
- Proposals and inquiries should be submitted to the Special Sessions Chair: Khadidja Chaib Draa
Special session organizers will be notified of the acceptance of their proposal within a working week from receiving a proposal. In case of an acceptance, organizers will be requested to prepare a call for papers for the session on a template provided by the Special Sessions Chairs. The call for papers will be subsequently posted on the conference web site.
Paper Submission Process
Authors should submit their manuscripts using the conference submission system (as for regular tracks).
Organizers & Author’s Schedule:
|Proposals for special sessions due||May 31, 2020|
|Proposals acceptance notification||within one working week|
|Special session papers due||June 21, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance of special session papers||July 12, 2020|
|Deadline for submission of final manuscripts||July 31, 2020|
Papers focusing on topics covered by one of the conference Tracks are subject to normal review process handled by the respective Track Co-Chairs. Review of papers that are not associated with a specific Track will be coordinated by the Special Sessions Co-Chairs.
Composition of Special Sessions
The arrangement of papers in sessions is to be determined by the organizers. In case of insufficient number of papers to make up a session (four papers minimum), topically suitable regular papers may be considered to be included in the program of the session.
Each accepted paper must be presented at the conference by one of the authors. The final manuscript must be accompanied by a registration form and a registration fee payment proof. All conference attendees, including authors, session chairpersons, and special sessions organizers, must pay the conference registration fee and their travel expenses.